Temporary Water Supply for Construction Sites
Bulk water for construction and industry
We deliver clean water in bulk for a wide range of needs.
Swimming pool fills, concrete manufacturing on site, water as ballast for tanks being buried in concrete and more unusual, such as water for solar panel cleaning. or would you believe, refilling a Sea Lions pool at the zoo?
Water for toilet flushing or hand washing in toilet and welfare blocks, in fact any water that is not going to be drunk, is classed by us as clean water.
All the clean water we supply is drawn from licensed authority hydrants, with fittings used subject to disinfection to preserve the quality of the water.
Water stored in uncontrolled conditions, cannot be classed as drinking water, because temperature and the condition of storage vessels can impair the condition of the delivered payload.
We deliver clean water for many uses, up to 30,000 litres per load in fact. Consumption varies as does the need, so we also provide storage vessels also up to 30,000 litres.
We have site or road towable bowsers one or two thousand litres capacity. IBC cubes are often chosen because of their convenience. Static water tanks typically up to 20, 000 litres provide larger quantities often for site use. We recommend an on- demand pump for feeding the likes of toilet blocks and welfare units or a petrol driven pump if you’re planning to move water about in quantity.
When quantity is the watchword, we often place a tanker barrel on site (up to 30,000 litres) which we pop back as required and top up.
If you’re thinking even bigger, then maybe a bladder or pillow tank will fit the bill ? Up to 250,000 litres with variations on capacity up to that figure. So, whether it’s bulk water delivery, storage or pumps to move it about,
Tardis H2O meets the need every time.
Some of the instances bulk water delivery may be required on construction projects include:
- Site welfare (toilet flushing, hand washing, showering), if you’ve toilet blocks or welfare units on site, most customers prefer us to service these whilst we are on site, so we’d send a split compartment waste tanker for the job with a clean water tank on board.
- Water for soakaway or percolation testing. We don’t conduct the testing, that is for specialised engineers. We provide the water on demand to conduct the tests. Click here for more information.
- Dust suppression. We’ve dust suppression bowsers from 2000 to 10000 litres, some highway towable the large ones site towable, engineered to meet the challenges of dust suppression on construction sites, car parks etc.
- Concrete manufacturing (batching plants) often turn out several thousand tonnes of aggregate each day. To meet demand, clean water is consumed in large quantities. To keep the production running smoothly, we can provide standby large capacity water tankers to keep the supply to the manufacturing plant running.
- Concrete vehicle wheel washing. Depending on the amount of traffic entering and leaving site, wheel wash can be a vital part of containing mud contamination from site onto the public highway. Our tankers can provide up to 30,000 litres per load to keep the wheel wash machines doing just that.
- Water for ballast. When you’re burying tanks underground, you need to fill them with disposable ballast so they’ll stay put when the concrete is poured. Bulk water does just that. You name the quantity, we’ll provide the tankers to do the fill.
- Water for no dig drilling or horizontal drilling. Horizontal or no dig drilling is the environmentally friendly alternative to laying pipework underground without digging up the landscape.Bulk water is used to create mud slurry as the bit powers forward, sending it back to a pit, where it is tankered away (another service available from Tardis).We provide the bulk water to keep the operation working.